Search This Blog

My Blinkie

My Blinkie

Leave Some ♥

Registered with TWInc

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! I'm a 52 year old scrap and Paint Shop Pro addict. I've been PSPing since 2004. I love creating and I love sharing. Programs I use: Paint Shop Pro 10 Particle Illusion 3.0 Animation Shop 3.0 CS3 PS 7
Tuesday, August 30, 2022


Swinging Into Fall

I don't claim this as an original idea, I learned how to do this a very long time ago.
A few friends and members have asked me to show them how to make a swing go back and forth.
I finally had some time and thought I'd share with you this simple trick.
Enjoy!
I'm using Paint Shop Pro X and Jasc Animation Shop.
I'm sure this can be done in Photoshop but I just don't have time right now to write it up.
Some things to keep in mind while doing this animation:
* Make sure your background/tag will be large enough to accommodate the swinging motion/tube. You can easily cut off the tube if you over rotate.
You can make your tube a little smaller than you would normally have it to avoid the tube swinging out of frame.
Make sure to always bring your tube to it's pivot point.
(Explained below).
** Keep in mind my tube is already in a swing motion to the left. Some tubes will be to the right or right down the middle. So just remember that while doing this tutorial.

Using a beautiful tube by ©Elena Dudina  www.elenadudina.com.
Purchased with license for use at CDO.
Scrap kit used is by Kizzed By Kelz, which you can get at CDO Here.
Let's start!

Open new image 800 x 800
Add paper and use a mask of choice.
I used mine SophisticatSimone0293.
HERE
Copy and paste the elements you want to create your tag.
Add drop shadow to all layers except the tube layer.
Add your copyright info and license number for your tube.

To make swinging animation:
Using your Elispe tool or pen tool, make a tiny circle at the top of chain or rope that represents the pivot point of swing.
This will be important in making it a smooth transition between your tube rotations.
X out this dot for now.
Let's add a drop shadow to the tube.
Go to selections, select all, copy merged.
Go to Animation Shop and right click, paste as new animation.

Come back to PSP, undo drop shadow and Un-X your little circle.
Making sure your tube layer is activated, go to Image, Free Rotate, Rotate left 45.
Using your move tool, drag tube so the rope/chain is directly under the tiny dot.
This is your pivot point and the top of rope needs to always be on this little dot to make the swing go smoothly.
X out dot layer and add drop shadow to your tube.

Go to selections, select all, copy merged.
Go to Animation Shop and right click on the animation you pasted and click "paste after current frame".
Come back to PSP, undo drop shadow and Un-X your little circle.

Making sure your tube layer is activated, go to Image, Free Rotate, Rotate left 25.
Using your move tool, drag tube so the rope/chain is directly under the tiny dot.
X out dot layer and add drop shadow to your tube.
Go to selections, select all, copy merged.
Go to Animation Shop and right click on the animation you pasted and click "paste after current frame".
 You should have 3 frames now.
Right click on the second frame and copy, scroll to last frame and right click on it and paste after current frame.
Play animation.
It might be very fast.
Two ways to fix this.
1- Go to Animation, Frame properties, Display time, change to 30.
(that's what I did for this tag)
or
2-Add more frames with different amounts of rotation. Example, add 45, 35, 25, 15 and then reverse.
To reverse, Select the first 4 or 5 frames depending on how many you added and copy.
Go to last frame, right click on it and paste after current frame. Go to Animation, Reverse frames. It should only reverse the ones you just pasted on.
Play animation.

Now you can add your name and any other animations or elements.
Save as a GIF.

Hope you enjoyed this simple and fun tutorial.
Please show me  your creations, I would really love to see them.

Hugs Simone

1 comment: